WINSTON-SALEM, NC – The Winston-Salem State College girls’s basketball staff will proceed their convention recreation by heading to Virginia State College on Thursday earlier than a Shaw College recreation in Raleigh on Saturday.
What You Must Know-Thursday
Document: 6-6 (2-1 CIAA)
What You Must Know-Saturday
Location: Raleigh, NC (CC Spaulding Gymnasium)
media: To watch
Registration: 6-7 (0-2 CIAA)
Serial vs VSU
Courting again to 2016, the Rams run the sequence 8-7 and the final match was on January 6, 2022, when the Rams received 81-58.
Serial vs Shaw
Courting again to 2006, the Bears led the sequence 16-9, with the final match on January 8, 2022, and the Rams received 96-44.
WSSU is bringing again six returning gamers from final season’s foursome erin’s salongraduate pupil O’Shea Hatleysenior Kendra Rosssecond class kennedi simmonsgraduate pupil Amaya Tuckerand sophomore Tania Wilkins. They completed the CIAA match 12-13 final season and superior to the quarterfinals.
New to Ram:
Winston-Salem recruited 5 first-year college students (JaKaiya Mack, Prophet Sheffield, Alexandria WarrenAaliyah Basler and jada douthit), three younger Hadiya Balser, Jainaya Jones, Makayla Smithand senior Valencia Carroll out of season.
Amaya Tucker 2022-2023 All-CIAA Girls’s Basketball Pre-Season after ending final season with averages of 13.6 factors per recreation, 43.3% taking pictures, 36.7% 3 factors, 66.7% free throws and 4.2 rebounds per recreation Chosen to Crew Backcourt. Amaya’s efficiency helped her attain the All-CIAA Backcourt post-season. She was additionally named to the CIAA All Match staff.
CIAA Weekly Awards
- Jakaiya Mack was named CIAA Feminine Basketball Rookie of the Week for week one. She had a complete of 9 factors, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and three steals in a 1-1 weekend for the Rams. He scored 9 factors, 5 rebounds and two steals in his first faculty recreation with Fairmont State. The freshman added a team-high seven tables plus two assists and a steal in his 66-65 win over Harmony.
- Jainaya Jones She was named CIAA Girls’s Basketball Defensive Participant in week three after recording 10 factors, 9 steals, 5 assists and a pair of blocks within the Rams’ solely recreation final week to beat Carolina College 79-46. The younger man within the purple shirt recorded 9 of the staff’s 19 steals, which ended with 33 factors. The Bayboro, NC native additionally recorded simply two blocks of the sport for Winston-Salem State.
- Taniah Wilkins She was named CIAA Girls’s Basketball Defensive Participant in week eight after recording a double-double with 11 factors and 11 rebounds within the #2 Glenville State loss final week. He was 11 board recreation excessive from sophomore and shot 5 out of six from the sector.
CIAA Prime Ten Statistics as of 1-4
• The Rams are third in offense with a median of 71.7 factors per recreation.
• WSSU ranks sixth in protection and offers the groups simply 59.6 factors per recreation.
• Amaya Tucker He’s in second place with 160 factors and a median of 17.8 factors. He’s additionally third in taking pictures share (.482), third in 3-pointers per recreation (2.1), third in free throws share (.795) and sixth in steals (2.4).
• Jainaya Jones He ranks first in assists (3.6).
• Taniah Wilkins He’s fifth in rebounds (7.5).
• Jakaiya Mack he’s within the first place in steals (3.2).
Figuring out Milestones
On January 14, the Rams, St. Augustine’s, WSSU will honor Amaya Tucker Exceeding 1,000 profession factors in his faculty profession. It at the moment sits at 1,015 factors.
WSSU is 6-5 (2-1 CIAA) after falling into #2 Glenville State Faculty on Dec. The Girl Rams common 71 factors per recreation and 59 factors per recreation. They shoot 43% off the sector, 35% from the three-point vary, and 66% from the foul line. WSSU averages 39 rebounds and 14 assists per recreation. Additionally they common 19 turnovers per recreation, whereas permitting their opponents to take 13 factors from turnovers.
VSU 6-6 (2-1 CIAA) and received an out-of-conference match in opposition to Barton Faculty 68-62 on December 31. Trojans shoot 35% off the sector and common 62 factors per competitors. They’re at the moment third in free throw share (72%) within the convention. Sommer Blakemore leads the staff with 15.3 factors per recreation; He shoots 40% off the court docket and averages 3.5 free throws, 2.8 steals and three.3 assists per recreation. Kylah Webb leads the Trojans with a median of 5.7 rebounds per recreation.
Shaw 6-7 (0-2 CIAA) performs Johnson C. Smith tonight earlier than internet hosting the Rams. They not too long ago defeated Virginia College of Lynchburg 82-35 on January 2. They’re eleventh (62.2) on offense and eighth on protection (60.2). The Bears are led by Brittiney Seymour, who leads the staff in scoring (13.1), averaging 8.6 rebounds and blocks (11).
#Girl #Rams #heads #Virginia #State #Thursday #Play #Shaw #Saturday