OBS Studio 29 now permits AV1 encoding for AMD and Intel GPUs.
AV1 video codec assist expands.
Probably the most standard recording and streaming software program has been up to date to assist the most recent encoding options of contemporary GPUs. Beginning with Intel and NVIDIA, which first introduced superior AV1 encoding and decoding within the newest graphics architectures, adopted by AMD, which launched superior AV1 encoding with the RX 7900 collection Navi 3X RDNA3 structure.
The AMD Radeon collection is now supported, which means avid gamers and streamers can document their video games with essentially the most environment friendly codec accessible. Nonetheless, that does not imply they will stream utilizing AV1. Sadly, this codec just isn’t but supported by streaming providers.
OBS Studio 29.0 additionally has enhancements for NVIDIA Video and Audio filters. It now helps temporal rendering, which ought to enhance masking high quality. Additionally, OBS now defaults to the P5 preset for the NVENC encoder; this could enhance efficiency and compatibility.
- Added AMD AV1 Encoder assist for RX7000 collection GPUs on Home windows [AMD/Jim]
- Added Intel AV1 Encoder assist for Arc GPUs on Home windows [Intel/Jim]
- Be aware: CQP is accessible however not absolutely supported.
- Added assist for Intel HEVC Encoder on Home windows [yuriy-chumak/rcdrone/Jim]
- Added an upward compressor filter [pkv]
- Added 3-band equalizer filter [Jim]
- Added assist for native HEVC and ProRes encoders on macOS, together with P010 and HDR [Developer-Ecosystem-Engineering/PatTheMav/gxalpha]
- Added assist for macOS Desk View [Developer-Ecosystem-Engineering]
- Added replace channels for opting to obtain beta/launch candidate builds on Home windows [Rodney]
- Work is underway to get all the things prepared on the server aspect, updating through the built-in updater is probably not potential till later in OBS.
- 30.0 beta testing interval
- Websockets up to date to five.1.0 with plenty of bug fixes, UI enhancements, and new stream reconnect occasions. [tt2468]
You’ll be able to obtain the most recent model from here.
#OBS #Studio #helps #Radeon #AV1 #encoding